Annual Egg Hunt….
This year 21 neighborhood kids participated in our Easter outreach. Thirteen of them were from non church related families and for this we were praising God. Actually, it was a huge encouragement to see some of the girls who have been coming to The Zone come to the egg hunt also. God gave us a beautiful morning to play games, hunt eggs, dye eggs and present the resurrection story. Pray with us that the contacts we have made with the children in the neighborhood will yield eternal dividends!
As we all know, and as the saying goes, time flies when you are having fun. It is hard to believe that we were last in the US in 2008 and almost four years have gone by. Actually, it seems like they have literally blown by. We are currently in the throes of getting ready to head back to North Carolina for a six month furlough. We leave Spain on the 19th of June. Until that time, life and ministry continue to move forward. Please pray with us that God will grant spiritual, physical, and emotional strength during the next three very busy weeks.
Gospel Concert….It may sound a bit strange to mention a Gospel concert, but actually, here in Spain, it is viewed as a cultural event. Given that, our church will be hosting a Gospel concert on the 15th of June. Please pray with us that many unsaved will come to enjoy this cultural activity and will leave having their hearts and lives transformed by the music, testimonies and devotional that will be shared.
Visiting your church….
We have already begun to schedule meetings. Our goal is to visit as many churches as possible, placing emphasis on those that we did not get to in 2008. In addition to reporting to our supporting churches, we need to raise about $1,600 per month in support. Please pray with us that God will supply this need! In fact, would you be willing to pray and ask God if He could use you to help meet this need? You would be surprised what just $10, $20, or more a month, when multiplied by 20, 30, or 40 families can do. Your journey of faithful giving can make an eternal difference! If God should so lead in your heart to join our support team you can do so by visiting www.abwe.org/give. On the left hand side of the page click on “commit to support a missionary or project”.
Praises…• A great egg hunt
• The Zone (youth outreach) is going really well. There are 12 to 15 kids who consistently attend. On the 8th of June, we are sponsoring our first ping-pong tournament.
Pray with us…• Getting the church ready for our furlough
• There are very urgent staffing needs for the upcoming school year 2012-13 at the MK school here in Madrid. Check out www.ecaspain.com if you´re a teacher!
• For Levi and Gracen – that God will grant grace to adapt well to all of the changes that will occur in their lives over the next 6 months or so.
• For the salvation of a young couple with whom we have recently come in contact with.
• For good conversations with unsaved friends as we say goodbye and for us to be able to keep up these friendships when we return.
• For our support needs.
Account number at ABWE: 13121